PEMBROKE, N.Y. — Several people were forced out of their apartments by a fire in Genesee County Tuesday night.

Crews responded just after 9 p.m. to Gabbey Road in Pembroke where they found flames coming from the attic and side of this building. 

Everyone was able to get out safely, including three cats rescued by firefighters. 

The nearly ten responding fire companies were able to quickly knock down the fire before it spread. 

A malfunctioning electrical panel on the outside of the building is said to have caused the fire. 

Residents of the four units are temporarily displaced.